Ethnic Minority Grant Applications Now Being Accepted
To help ethnic minority-owned micro-businesses cope with the economic impact of COVID-19, the Ethnic Minority Emergency Grant Initiative is being launched by WEDC with a total of $2 million to be made available to 1,000 Wisconsin micro-businesses.
A business may apply for a one-time grant of $2,000. Applicants will be subject to underwriting, and grant recipients will be required to submit a report indicating how the funds were used.
Online applications will be accepted beginning today, and end on May 24, 2020.
The grant is to be used towards business operating expenses which may include payroll/owner draws, rent, inventory, and utilities.
More information about the program is available here or visit the Wisconsin Indian Business Alliance’s (WIBA) website.
- Business operates in the retail, service or hospitality industries
- For-profit business
- Business is Wisconsin-based
- Business is at least 51% minority owned
- Business started operating prior to January 1, 2020, and was operating as of February 29, 2020
- Business has no more than five (5) full-time equivalent employees, including the owner
- Business HAS NOT received assistance through the WEDC’s Small Business 20/20 Program or the SBA Paycheck Protection Program
Be Prepared. You’ll need these documents:
- 2018 or 2019 Federal tax returns
- W-9 Form
- Proof of being in business as of February 29, 2020, such as:
- Profit & Loss Statement for February 2020
- Proof of Payroll
- Sales Tax Log
Applications that meet the eligibility requirements will be entered into a pool of qualified business applicants. Grant recipients will be randomly selected from the pool based on available funding.
You will receive a call to review your application with you.
It is important you provide the best phone number where you can be reached. If you cannot be reached, your application will not move forward in the process.
The Wisconsin Indian Business Alliance (WIBA) is ready to help Native American small business owners!
If you have any questions, call us at 715-799-4806.